Solved: Clock Auto Update

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ACA529

Hi, I'm wondering why my system clock won't allow me to enter a URL to make it automatically update:

the "Automatically synchronize with an Internet time server" is disabled and grayed out
Is there a solution for this?

Thanks.

ACA529

novadude said:
I have (time.windows.com) in the box next to server will that help you.
Hey, thanks for your reply.

I can't access the box -- it won't let me.

Welcome to TSG!! (y) (y)

do you have internet connection on that computer. it says the sever is not avalible and looks like you can't change it

Howdy folks...

Avianca...

Off hand I'd say either you don't have user rights to change it, or the Time Service has stopped...

Click on Start - Run in the run box type in cmd - in the command prompt type in net start w32time, and see if the service will start or is allready started...

ACA529

Thanks for your replies!

My account does have Administrator on it.

This is what I got by doing what you said:

That's strange...

Right click on My Computer - Manage - Services and Applications - click on Services, and look for the Windows Time services, make sure that it is not Disabled, and is started, if it is not started, right click on it and start it...

ACA529

Jedi_Master said:
That's strange...

Right click on My Computer - Manage - Services and Applications - click on Services, and look for the Windows Time services, make sure that it is not Disabled, and is started, if it is not started, right click on it and start it...
Nope, don't see that either:

Your first post attachment shows that it has a check to Automatically synchronize with an Internet time server to set your time. time-b.nist.gov is a server in Gaithersburg, Maryland. If you are in a different time zone, you may need to change that.
Also, if you have a firewall running, it may be blocking the connection to the server.

ACA529

Augie65 said:
Your first post attachment shows that it has a check to Automatically synchronize with an Internet time server to set your time. time-b.nist.gov is a server in Gaithersburg, Maryland. If you are in a different time zone, you may need to change that.
Also, if you have a firewall running, it may be blocking the connection to the server.
I can't change anything, it will not let me. It wouldn't be a firewall because it's not letting me check the option.

Try this and see if it will register successfully.
Start> Run> type: regsvr32 w32time.dll then hit OK.

ACA529

Augie65 said:
Try this and see if it will register successfully.
Start> Run> type: regsvr32 w32time.dll then hit OK.
That worked! :D :D Thanks!!

Now what do I put as the Server? :)

Frank4d

Retired Trusted Advisor
use either time.windows.com or time.nist.gov usually works. It may take a few hours to connect and set the time however.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online