1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

(Solved) Closing a window with a command line

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Bookworm69, Oct 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Bookworm69

Bookworm69 Thread Starter

I am trying to close a window on my Win2000 Ser using a batch file. I cannot find a way to shutdown the SQL Remote (I have Adaptive Server Anywhere 7 ver. 7.0.3.2082). SyBase told us to make the application a service but for one reason or another we cannot in this instance. Does anyone know how I can shut down this app. ether through SyBase or through Windows?

2. Jedi_Master

Jedi_Master

Howdy Bookworm69...

If it is running as a process you can use tskill, to end it in a batch...

You will need the W2K resource kit for the file tskill.exe...

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

If you want something really flexible to do that kind of thing and much more, try looking at AutoIt, it's a nifty little script processor. It has the ability to simulate mouse clicks, keystrokes, etc. Pretty slick little package, I use it for a number of tasks.

4. Bookworm69

Bookworm69 Thread Starter

Thank you Jedi Master for the tip. tskill worked. Thanks again.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/173887

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice