Solved: cmd is missing

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

brian_oates33

OK, I did a clean install of Windows 7 Ultimate and for some reason my cmd is missing. When I click start then type cmd in the search window it comes up with nothing. Any suggestions???

Squashman

Retired Trusted Advisor
Side note for Brian: I was just in Peoria the other day visiting family.

TerryNet

Terry
And you didn't stop by here? Just a little detour (if you drove) east on I-80. :)

brian_oates33

I did type "cmd.exe" in the start menu search window and it said "No items match your search."

TerryNet

Terry
1. Is cmd.exe in C:\Windows\System32?

2. Can you get a Command prompt window by Start - All Programs - Accessories - Command Prompt?

Right click Computer - Properties - Advanced system settings - Environment Variables... - in System variables does

3. ComSpec have value C:\Windows system32\cmd.exe?

4. Path have value C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;<and more stuff>?

TerryNet

Terry
In Brian's partial defense, he was replying to Megabite. :) Totally ignoring you. :p:D

brian_oates33

Hey Guys, since it was a new install I simply did a new (re)install. Solved the problem.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online