1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: CMOS Checksun Error-Defaults Loaded

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by hairybusdriver2, Aug 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hairybusdriver2

hairybusdriver2 Thread Starter

I am having trouble correcting this error. A friend of mine asked me to look at his computer for him. He was using it one day and it just shut off out of know where. It would not start again. I discovered shortly after looking at it, that the PSU had to be replaced. I proceeded to buy a new PSU and I installed it. Everything started just fine. However, when I get a CMOS Checksum error. I can press F1 to continue or DEL for setup. I hit F! and it proceeds to detect array under "NVIDIA RAID IDE ROM BIOS".
    It does nothing after this. I tried reinserting the CMOS battery, I loaded factory settings on the BIOS ( RAID is OFF), but still it does nothing. Any help would be appreciated. I have to get this computer back to him soon.

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Have you put in a new CMOS battery? Is the date/time correct in BIOS?

3. hairybusdriver2

I have not put in a new battery no. Just reinserted the old one. And no, the BIOS time and date January of 2004.

4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

The cmos battery is probably a 2032 battery available just about anywhere; even walmart carries them. Go buy one and install it; pw ON and enter the bios. Load defaults, set time, date, boot order, and sata mode. Save settings and restart. See if you still have the problem.

5. hairybusdriver2

Hey it worked, everything is back to normal, thank you. Also, the DVD player stopped working mysteriously. It will not even power on. I checked the connections from the power supply to the DVD player, and I tried different ones, but still no life. Do you think when the PSU died it took the DVD player with it?

6. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

7. hairybusdriver2

Okay, I appreciate your all help.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1064659