1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: !!!!College Bound- Help!!!! Factory Restore w/o CD Possible?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Tiffanyfl_26, Apr 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Tiffanyfl_26

Tiffanyfl_26 Thread Starter

Hi,

Can I restore my Dell Desktop MD051 with Windows XP Professional to factory settings with out any of the disks they sent me. I'm starting college next month and my desktop is taking an extremely long time to load programs. I have backed up everything I want to keep. Also will this site work for back up disk if I have to have one?

http://www.user-guides.co.uk/download/restore/restoredm051/restore-dm051-factory-settings.html

or do you know of one you can reccomend for me to find it at? It takes 15 min for my wireless program to load that used to come on automatically and about 5min from the start menu to control p to load. Also I wonder if it's a virus or spyware because my CD drive stopped working also. Or maybe it's just going to pot but I want to try to help it if I can and if the CD is bad I can save money for school by just buying that. Any assistance anyone can help me with would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
    Tiffany

2. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

Dell Dimension xxxx?

3. Tiffanyfl_26

4. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

5. Tiffanyfl_26

Im going to try it now. Thank you for your help. If I could please ask you one more question? I had to restore my new laptop today with the lady from HP. It wiped out my iTunes. Recently I purchased a WD 1T backup drive. How Can I save my entire iTunes Program or if I could just save the apps section (my Music Files are mostly Mp3's and saved seperately incase what just happened today does happen so I dont loose music). I did loose all my recent app purchases. Any suggestions on how I can back up my application purchases? I really appreciate all of you assistance with my questions.

Tiffany

6. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

7. Tiffanyfl_26

Perfect! Every couple of weeks I'll replace the old one with an updated one. The Restore was exactly what I wanted and worked just fine. I'm pretty sure I'm pushing it but I'm really grateful as you are helping me solve my computer issues all at once. I'm running spybot and Ad-aware for spyware and Anti-Virus peotection since my Norton trial ran out. Are these sufficent programs for anti-spyware and Anti-Virus without purchasing the whole Norton System. Do you have any recommendations also? Then I'm done I Promise (for now anyway:)).

8. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

Use this, its free and very good active protection.

Uninstall Norton before installing this one. If adaware is the paid version with Anti Virus, then you need to remove that one also.

http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/

9. Tiffanyfl_26

I have downloaded to removal tool already. Thank you so much for all of your help. Do you get user ratings or something of that nature so I can say how helpful you were? :) oops not my last question I suppose- Well, good recommendadtions for you and where to go dosen't count :p.

10. Tiffanyfl_26

Well ...Thank you for your help!!!!

11. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

You are welcome.

Welcome to TSG forums.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/914992

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice