Solved: Combining *jpg files in to one file using HP 135 doc feeder

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

muckmail

Is there any software to conbine jpgs into one file and make a pdf?

I bought a HP 135 printer with a doc feeder to scan documents. The doc feeder produces
the scans into HP sol center but I can only save each picture as one file. I would like
to combine all the resulting jpegs into one file and change it to a pdf file. Is there any software to combine jpgs into one file and make a pdf?

DaveBurnett

Account Closed
Open Office Writer COULD be one.
MS Word - include the pictures and print to PDF ?

muckmail

What is Office Writer? I have MS office package. Is it in that. I tryed to get it
to scan of MS works but it will not scan to MS works. Please let me know which
program you are talking about.

Triple6

Rob
If you don't have the full version of Adobe Acrobat you probably need to install some extra software. Download and install CutePDF from here: http://www.cutepdf.com/Products/CutePDF/writer.asp
This program acts like a printer from ANY program, just go to print in any application and select CutePDF as the printer and it will turn a document into a PDF file.

Now the combining you can do with MS Word. Just scan all the pictures to your computer and then use the Insert Picture option in Word to add all the pictures you want to the document or use the Acquire feature in MS Word to scan directly into Word. Then print the document to the CutePDF printer and it will create a single PDF for you.

muckmail

I will check out cutepdf. My hp d135 printer will run sheets thru my sheet feeder.
That is good, It will print to MS word. It will print to HP image viewer but it can only save a series or jpeg files as Filename1, Filename 2, etc. Some how I will need to put the files into one file in sheet feed order. I have not got the d135 printer to print to MS works and outlook. There is another setting on the printer called I.R. something that I have not figured what it is for. I will check cutepdf.com and go form there and take other suggestions
Thank you,

fairnooks

Banned
Some how I will need to put the files into one file in sheet feed order.
That's what you will be doing when you insert each individual picture file into MS Word, ordered as you like. Then when you print the MS Word document with all your pictures combined to CutePDF it makes the PDF file (instead of printing). Focus just on that and you shouldn't have a problem.

muckmail

Since I installed CutePDF the printer prints to MS word but Images appear on top
of each other on just one page. That will not work. Any suggestions to correct this.

fairnooks

Banned
Its up to you to arrange them in MS word. Insert your first photo then put the cursor at the end of the photo (bottom right side) and press enter for new paragraph then insert your next photo and so on until they are all inserted without overlapping them at all. Hope that helps.

muckmail

When I first got it working with word I thought the images was coming not on top of
each other? Is there a way to get that feature back becuase I am looking for a way
to scan loose papers (boundless books) and quickly file them to computer at sequance
then throw paper copies away.
thank you,

fairnooks

Banned
You want to append each scan into one open file in one program so you can then save it as one file? If so, I don't know how to do that all in one automated step. Maybe someone else will.

muckmail

My plan was to scan my loose pages in and put it into one file. Hopefully one pdf file.
Maybe I need to scan to HP viewer and go ahead and save it in a directory of jep files.
Then find software to combine the jegs into one file?
I did get it to scan and append in MS works but the prints were not readable like the are in MS word. I wish there was a way to append those images in word. That would be nice with that cutePDF program.

Triple6

Rob
You can scan all the images/pages seperately and then use Word to combine them. You can keep adding image after image to Word, and you can use the mouse to move them arround or position them as you like.

muckmail

I am getting closer but not there. I scanned to HP image viewer from the d135 printer feeder.
I then used print feature in HP image viewer to print to CutePdf. Well that worked but it took a long time. The pdf file that I created is large for the 26 page document. It took a long time for HP image viewer to send the document to CutePdf then I had to use the
save menu to select a file. Again it took a long time after that. I guess I need to check my
image resolution. I picked "mixed image" for output. Any suggestions on speeding
up the process and making smaller pdf files? I did not crop my pages because that seemed
to clip pages.
Thank you,

muckmail

What would be a good resolution to set the printer/scanner to have good readable
resolution but yet fast enough to be reasonable. Range is from 75 to 1200.
Thank you,

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online