1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: combining partitions

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by tedged, Nov 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tedged

tedged Thread Starter

Hi. I have a Dell Vostro 1500 running xp with sp3. I have two partitions I'd like to merge and I have downloaded the free copy of easeus but I'm not good with this stuff. This is what the info looks like when I run easeus:

D: NTFS 229.02 (size) 15.32 (used) 213.71 (unused) status (system) type (primary)
    C: NTFS 3.78 (size) 2.58 1.2 (unused) status (none) type (primary)

I got this laptop today and it's been an adventure trying to fix the issues with it. The wifi adapter didn't seem to work and the audio doesn't show. I did a full reinstall of xp but did it on D, which maybe was a mistake. I have all the updates from microsoft available now. I have the wifi adapter showing after finally finding a driver link. I can't get it to acquire the IP address and the audio codec shows a ! in device mgr. I've tried lots of advice in the cmd prompt. I noticed in cmd prompt the default is D. I just changed the C to primary also with easeus. I'm basically tinkering a little and lost. I was thinking if I could merge them both to C all the data will be together and then I can work on the audio and wifi issues better. Any help is greatly appreciated and I can put up any more info needed.

2. tedged

tedged Thread Starter

I was able to fix this.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1029038

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice