Solved: Common Desktop

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

old100

How do you create a common desktop in Win XP Pro that can be used by anybody that logs onto the same PC?

Also, some users are logged on to a domain. How do you change this so they are logged onto only the local PC? I tried using thru the control panel but it kept telling me the ID for the person that was using the unit under the domain name could not be found?

Here you go my friend,

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop - if you paste ur shortcuts here, every user on that PC would have access to the shortcuts...

not sure about your second question though... maybe a lil' more details or clarification...

-------------------
[email protected]

if you need an invite from GMAIL, i'm here,,,

old100

Need to increase security for some PC operations/operators Presently they have admin rights on domain but I need to limit it to the local PC only.

did I answer your first question???

And this might be the resolution for your 2nd question...

Control Panel then User Accounts then select the account you wish to limit,select the change account type option then select llimited instead of admin rights...

let me know if you resolved it??? ok???

old100

Back from vac makes my brain much slower. Yes, first question OK.
Part 2 - I can change the type of acc but only for the domain. When this unit was first set up, the op was enabled for local use only and later changed for domain use and local was deleted. I want to revert back to the local as it is was in the beginning. Domain option still gives the op more use of server options than security will allow now.

old100

Also tried to delete the op but the system would not allow me to do that.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!