1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: comodo firewall & windows 7 64 bit home prem

Discussion in 'General Security' started by wtxcowboy, Jan 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wtxcowboy

wtxcowboy Thread Starter

lately when i open the control panel for comodo f/w and allow files or do an update, or whatever etc, when i close the panel my desktop freezes & only way i can restore functionality is to logoff & then log back into my desktop. no other programs are causing this, only happens when i open comodo & started after installing the latest update. anyone else having this issue or have a fix?? Thx :D

2. Mr_Sir_Charles

Mr_Sir_Charles

Have the same problem within xp.

Charlie

3. wtxcowboy

wtxcowboy Thread Starter

posted on the comodo forums also & no response, so i uninstalled it & went with outpost fw plus. like it better, don't have those annoying popups all the time or alerts i guess they were. funny since i got rid of it, another software program started working again. must've been a conflict all along.

4. Mr_Sir_Charles

Mr_Sir_Charles

Thanx cowboy, Iread a bit about outpost and will try it too.
    Will post results later on.

Cheerio

5. Mr_Sir_Charles

Mr_Sir_Charles

Hi again,

No success with outpost on my machine. Freeze at 1st start. Had to boot under safe mode to get rid of it again.
    I think I stick to comodo and wait for better updates :eek:

Thanx and cheerio

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/894362