1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Comodo Free Firewall Pro updates issue

Discussion in 'General Security' started by manofmarin, Jun 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. manofmarin

manofmarin Thread Starter

Win XPHome IE6

I am attempting to download free Comodo Firewall updates which I do monthly. Never had a problem in the past. This time received following notice:

Error 108: Update could not be completed. Please check internet connection settings.
    Internet connection settings are used to deliver updates to Comodo.

What settings and where?

The firewall is active and running smoothly!

Thanks for any help forthcoming

manofmarin

2. golferbob

golferbob

i see you have it solved . do you have the new comodo free 3.9 installed ?

3. manofmarin

Golferbob:

On the Comodo panel, I found a update linc that says I have Comodo updates daily which are Automatic! It's checked! I never realized that.

I have version 3.8.65951.447 Comodo has not notified me about upgrades! Should I go to the web site to download 3.9?

manofmarin

4. golferbob

golferbob

i would ,it has some new items with it. i download 3.9 both firewall and antivirus and have had no problems. when you download you get both but only need to install what you want. just watch when you start to install it will ask you to install "ask toolbar ,browser ans homepage" , i didn't want those items.

http://personalfirewall.comodo.com/

5. manofmarin

Thanks Golferbob:

That has reminded me of something! Perhaps you can answer the question. I haveThe Weather Channel on my computer. They have a pop up notice that says they have an update for my computer and the update is an "ask toolbar". I indicate do not install and remove the checkmark, but it repeats daily. Do I have to uninstall the software and then reinstall to get rid of this update I don't want? I can't figure out any other way!

manofmarin

6. golferbob

golferbob

i myself don't like the weather items on my startup.i keep my startup down, i have 3 items listed on my startup since i switched from avg to all comodo. i use the weather channel just as a website to go to.i would uninstall it.

7. manofmarin

Golferbob:

I agree-thanks for your time and help!

manofmarin

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/833682

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice