1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Comp gets blue screen when I shutdown/reboot

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by luoyuejia, Sep 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. luoyuejia

luoyuejia Thread Starter

I just installed the 32bit Vista a few hours ago and I have been updating my files, and I'd have to reboot my computer a few times. Everytime I've decided to reboot or simply shut down, I end up getting the blue screen saying something about a dump?

When I boot my computer back up, it asks to send information about the unexpected crash as usual, but so far I have not found a solution.

Any suggestions? I'll assume all these constant blue screens aren't healthy.

2. Orumph

Orumph

In Windows....

Right Click Computer / Advanced system settings / Advanced tab / Startup and Recovery Settings

Uncheck Automatically Restart

Now when a BSOD happens, you will see the dump...
    Towards the bottom will be a stop error message

Stop: 0x0000005e or something like that. Post that number.

3. luoyuejia

luoyuejia Thread Starter

I got the following

STOP: 0x0000011B (0x869BFEA8, 0X8DB069CC, 0X00000000, 0X00000000)

under that, I got:

Maestro1.sys - Address 8DB069CC BASE AT 8DB06000, DateStamp 3f178c4a

Something I recognized was the Maestro1.sys, I have a program called KeyMaestro on my computer, could that be related? KeyMaestro is a driver for my keyboard.

4. Orumph

Orumph

yes, uninstall that software and see if the problem continues.

This is a driver issue,,, specifically "DRIVER_RETURNED_HOLDING_CANCEL_LOCK"

5. luoyuejia

luoyuejia Thread Starter

It worked! Thanks a lot!

6. Tech_Mike

Tech_Mike

Can I ask where you got
    DRIVER_RETURNED_HOLDING_CANCEL_LOCK

from
    STOP: 0x0000011B

7. Orumph

Orumph

I did a google search on 0x0000011B

the first link that comes up talks about it, but I looked at several other links as I rarely ever go off of only one site for confirmation of a stop error message or any other problem solving unless I am familiar with the site. Especially a site I have never seen before, and I had never seen that one.

I did not attempt to do much more research on this as I had a feeling this was the right message, or at least close, or related, even though you may see differently in Event Viewer.

Once I searched on Maestro1.sys , it pretty much confirmed my suspicion of a driver problem. Then you posted about the program installed as I was going to try an explain how to possibly resolve the issue, cause I have never seen this software so I was going to be guessing a quite a bit at possible solutions. The first being, check Add/Remove Programs for something referring to KeyMaestro. Then we would have gone from there.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/752052

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice