1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Compaq Presario CQ56 problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ILVS2, Aug 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ILVS2

ILVS2 Thread Starter

Hopefully I posted in the right section. But anyways I will be as detailed as possible. Currently I have a Compaq Presario CQ56 115dx running Wins7 out of factory. One day I was using my computer perfectly fine, everything normal and running great. I decide to close the lid to put it to sleep.

I come back later to find that it didn't actually sleep and was just stuck there. This has happened before and I would just turn off the computer and it would be fine. But recently I did and it is now stuck at bootup. The caps locks blinks 1 time, which corresponds to CPU not functioning I believe. I reseated harddrive and ram, didn't do much.

Then randomly as I am trying to get it to boot by turning it on and off, waited a few and it booted up normally. Perfect. Then I decided to shut it down instead of putting it to sleep just to find later when trying to get on, its back to the problem.

Any help would be appreciated on how to prevent this without any major repair work.

2. Sponsor

3. ILVS2

ILVS2 Thread Starter

This will be the only BUMP I give my thread, I'll just figure no one has a clue.

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

I'll move the thread from Windows 7 to Hardware to see if those folks have a clue. :)

5. flavallee

flavallee Frank Trusted Advisor

Here is the support site for the Compaq Presario CQ56-115DX laptop.

You might want to add and save this site in your browser favorites/bookmarks list so you can readily refer to it when needed.

Here is the section on resolving sleep and hibernation issues.

-----------------------------------------------------------

6. ILVS2

ILVS2 Thread Starter

Thank you.

Thanks but I've already done those "fixes" on the HP site before I came here asking help. None have worked.

7. ILVS2

ILVS2 Thread Starter

I ended up figuring it out myself. Seems to be that the motherboard has bad solder points, let my laptop heat up and restarted and it worked for now. Will have to remelt solder points.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1105274