1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Compare these two pictures, tell me what's wrong

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by lightenrod, Oct 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lightenrod

lightenrod Thread Starter

I've noticed there's a difference in what I see on the net and what I save on my computer. When I save an image it takes on a slightly darker and orange tint. Is there a setting I can make to make the pictures I save the same as the original on the internet.

Compare these two pictures

From the net

http://www.usa.canon.com/app/images/PowerShot_2007/PS_TX1/sample_img/sampleimg_3.JPG

See attachment for same picture from my computer

Appreciate any suggestions

2. lightenrod

Oops let me try again. First one was too big

Attached Files:

3. lightenrod

Well, they look the same on this post but they sure look different on my computer. Hmmm, I'll still take any suggestions.

thanks

4. moper

moper

What program are you using to view them?
    Right click the image that you saved, choose 'open with', 'internet explorer'.
    Does it look any different?

moper

5. lightenrod

Thanks Moper for the response. If I had been thinking I would have mentioned the program I am using.

I am using "Windows Photo Gallery". I did what you said and opened it with Internet Explorer and it looks the same, however, I viewed it in Irfanview and it looks brighter like the original. Sooooo....

Is there any way to adjust the brightness and hue in Windows Photo Gallery. I occasionally use Irfanview but I like Windows Photo Gallery because for me, it's a little more handy for quick viewing.

Again, I really appreciate your response. At least now, I know where the problem is and using Irfanview is a good work around when really needed.

6. moper

moper

I think you could get used to Irfanview, especially now, since it has Paint and Clone options. Also, the Thumbnail viewer.

moper

7. lightenrod

I'll give it a shot.

Thanks a mil

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/758386

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice