Solved: Compatibility prob. excel 2011 mac using VBA macros

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

tomk7

Hi,
I have been using these forums for a while, however haven't bothered creating an account until now.

I have had some trouble with an excel document I created in office 2010 on PC.
When i tried it in office 2011, the program freezes as soon as a certain script is triggered.

It may be that i am using an activX feature, however, I do not know how to tell.

The basic part that doesnt work on mac is:

Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range)

If Application.Intersect(Target, Range("B5").CurrentRegion) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub  ' Limits range to B column AND existing customers

EditAccount.Show

End Sub
If you can help me out I would be very appreciative. :)

Cheers,
Tom.

tomk7

Got it working.
I think using .CurrentRegion is the problem on excel for mac 2011, I got around it using the following code:
Code:
Dim myRange As Range

Set myRange = Range(Range("B5"), Range("C" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp))  ' This does a similar thing as CurrentRegion, except only in the B and C columns.

If Application.Intersect(Target, myRange) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub

EditAccount.Show
End If

myRange = Nothing
I'm a bit disappointed I have received no help here... Anyway, I hope this helps someone else who encounters this problem.

Just saw your post. On my Mac, if I use the command

Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range)

Excel crashes when it executes. Did you have that problem?

tomk7

No this command is working for me, it was just the .CurrentRegion that i had to change.
If you post more code and i might be able to help.

hello every one,

i would like to ask for help,

i already made a macro for mac excel 2011, the macro is only move and copy an active worksheet to the last position of sheets.

however, i found something wierd, suddenly there is code inside the new sheet module. the code is

'True
End

this code makes me un able to run macro anymore, but after i remove that code, i can run again the macro.

could any one help me regarding this problem?

Thankss...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online