Solved: Compatible graphics card for dell Optiplex GX620

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

wesleyjones

I'm an almost total Noob
Have a desktop Optiplex GX620 computer I use only at work. No gaming. The power supply for this computer is 280W.
It uses an Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelator 950. I don't know if it is low-profile card or not.
This integrated graphics card sucks--even for just text.
I am seeking an under $50 one that is compatible with the computer.
Can anyone recommend something or send me to a website that might help me find something compatible?

wesleyjones

My computer is the smallest one on the right.
My previous work computer had great graphics--yes just text.
It died and they gave me this computer and the graphics are about 1/2 what the other computer was and it is driving me crazy. It may be adequate for most but it sucks in comparison to my previous computer and that is why my company will pay for any graphics card under $50 (from newegg.com only).
Thanks for any recommendations.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
It's a fanless model, and wesley plans to use that computer for basic use and not for gaming, so it'll probably be okay.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online