Solved: Complete failure

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Third_n00b

Hi Guys,

So I'm pottering about doing my thing when my computer powers down completely out of the blue. I try turning it back on with the power button but nothing happens until I unplug and plug back in the power cable. Now the computer powers up (fans spin, lights on) but I get no signal to the monitor and there is absolutely no beep code. What's even weirder is that sometimes (not always) when I turn the power on the comp spins up then powers down for a few seconds before coming back on again.

PSU's probably my first suspect, any help anyone could give would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Asus mobo
Intel Q6600
Nvidia GTX460
6gb DDR2

flyer0101

Dylan
not a lot you can do unless you have another computer to test the PSU with or test a different PSU in your computer, if you don't have a spare computer or PSU then take ur PSU to a computer shop, they should be able to tell you if the PSU is working or not. They may charge you a small fee for doing this. It could also be a motherboard issue if your PSU is working fine, or Graphics Card.

Third_n00b

Thanks for the advice, I may just do that. Resetting the CMOS atm just in case, then I'll probably take everything out except the CPU and see if I can get it to post.

flyer0101

Dylan
Im not 100% sure about Cmos stuff, i know most of the basics :p i would have over looked it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online