1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Component audio not working

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)' started by Boothbay, May 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Boothbay

Boothbay Thread Starter

I have cable box which i am trying to view cable on my smaller HD TV, via only the component cables. The cable I am using has just the 3, red,blue and green. I added the audio composite ( RCA ) cables to the TV. W hen I turn on the TV, I only see the video, no sound. On this tv, closed caption comes on automatically, when there is no sound. You can see the volume bar which I have on. I go to TV sound setup and there I see c c marked off and yet it comes on, like I said above because i do not get any sound. I have tried a few cables and still no sound... BTW, this TV is also used with my Indoor antenna and I hear the sound when I choose that input. Is there something I am missing?

2. Sponsor

3. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    is the Audio and input and not an output ?
    check you have the correct audio connections
    can you try a different audio source to test when you select component that the audio works

make of the TV and the cable box
    what other outputs are you using on the cable box - does the cable box have a selection to choose which output, In the UK the virgin cable box needs to be set to channel 99 and then you choose the outputs to use , between Scart,HDMI output, for video which also determines the sound as well

4. Boothbay

Boothbay Thread Starter

No, the cable box has no audio inputs...just outputs, and the TV has no outputs, just inputs. I am using the component input on the TV set.

5. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    make and models ?

6. Boothbay

Boothbay Thread Starter

Just got off the phone with the cable company and have to get a new cable box...so it may be a defective cable box...we shall see...

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1099828

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice