1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: computer acting weird, crash, frozen, bsod, black screen....

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by dthong, Oct 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dthong

dthong Thread Starter

My computer either crashes or got frozen repeatedly on the regular mode (not safemode) . Each time it crashes differently . Sometimes it crashed with blue screen each time with a different code, Sometimes black screen, sometimes frozen, mouse cannot move . Sometimes crash or frozen right after starting with just a move out the mouse, but sometimes good for a few days with no problem . Safe mode usually ok, but sometimes it crash too . I tried to run window diagnostic tool and memtest, both are ok . There were one time though after it crash and restart, it ask to run window diagnostic test and it says hardware problem . Anybody knows what's wrong with my computer ?
    Below are a few image of the screen

BSOD with different code:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Win boot manager

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Memtest result

[​IMG]

2. dai

dai

3. dthong

dthong Thread Starter

thanks . I just tried that and it says the hard drive failed the longtest . What I don't understand is seagates says the longtest can repair bad sectors but look like it didn't . It did not ask me if I want to do anything after the test completed. It also told me to save the code in case i need exchange which I don't need to because the harddrive is very old, but I don't see any code at all. Am i doing something wrong ?
    [​IMG]

4. city-tech

city-tech

Hi ;
    can you go to safe mode to check your startup item ( inthe serach box type MSCONFIG).Any unknown file please UNCHECK. Also check Services TAB.Check HIDE ALL MICROSOFT SERVICES and look if any unknown services running and uncheck. Check DISK MANAGEMENT what is your file system NTFS or RAW. If it's RAW your HDD is bad.

Thanks.

5. dai

dai

if it failed the diagnostic then it needs replacing

6. city-tech

city-tech

I agree with DAI.

7. dthong

dthong Thread Starter

mine is ntfs . What about the self repairing by seatools dos ? Is it possible ?

8. dai

dai

very rarely

bad sectors multiply like rabbits hard drives are not expensive like they used to be

9. dthong

dthong Thread Starter

ok, I'll get a new one but one thing I don't understand is why the bsod says "memory dump" . Wouldn' that have something to do with RAM ?

10. dai

dai

if it was a ram problem you would expect memtest to show errors when you ran it

11. dthong

dthong Thread Starter

thanks dai for the help fixing this problem . I replaced the hard drive and no more crash .

12. dai

dai

glad you have it sorted

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1071811

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice