1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Computer case.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by why94, Jun 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. why94

why94 Thread Starter

I want to buy a new computer case, one with a clear side or the whole thing completely see through so i can put in LED fans and light up cables and so on. I don't know where to begin to look because i don't want something that all my computer things wont fit into. I was talking to my friend and he said i had to check my power supply or something for ATX or EATX or something like that and i don't feel like taking it apart because there is a fan exhaust tunnel in the way. I have a Dell Dimension 3000. Ive looked for specs about this on websites but cant seem to find any. Any info on my computer and or sites with such cases would be appreciated.

2. winbob

winbob

How much $$$ do you expect to invest in this makeover project?

Reason I ask is that reviews of this PC say it's mediocre (sorry) performer, and about a $500 machine. Sounds like not a good choice for a redo if you're gonna go for a top drawer case and accessories that won't improve performance.

3. Tacocaster

Tacocaster

I agree with winbob. You'd be better off building a brand new rig. Think of it this way, if you buy a new system, you don't have to take yours apart and look at the numbers.

4. why94

why94 Thread Starter

So basicly buy a completly new computer?

5. Tacocaster

Tacocaster

Yes, thats exactly it. By adding a clear case and LED's and "rice-ing" out your case, you aren't doing anything but waste energy. You performance will not increase at all. The only thing you get is a fancy night light. If that's what you are going for, then more power to you, but if you really want a rockin' machine, build a new one.

6. why94

why94 Thread Starter

I dont really need more performace things, i just wanted to replace things like my cpu fan with a fan that lights up and my graphics card dosnt have a fan so i was going to buy a light up PCI exhaust fan and place it in the adjacent slot to help keep that cool. i was also going to get these lights i saw on ebay that attach to the inside of my computer. i had a question and i will just ask it now. I have 3 PCI slots, but 4 holes in the back of the computer. i was looking at my motherboared and i noticed a spot where there could of been an AGP slot. can i just buy a AGP slot and have someone install it or can that not be done?

7. Tacocaster

Tacocaster

Install an AGP slot directly onto the motherboard? I seriously doubt it. As for the other stuff, go ahead and get the LED lighty stuff. It's not my cup of joe, but I say go for it. I know you can get custom acrylic cases made. Check www.newegg.com for cases with side windows. They've also got a nice selection of LED eycandy for you. Cheers.

8. why94

why94 Thread Starter

o i will check there. thanks for you help!

9. Tacocaster

Tacocaster

Sure thing. If you have anymore questions, feel free to ask. I'm sure some one here will be able to help you out.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/375893

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice