1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Computer Case

Discussion in 'Games' started by Drathmar, Jun 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Drathmar

Drathmar Thread Starter

So, I'm replacing my computer case (because my old one has no fans in it cept the one I mounted myself, and I believe i am having problems with overheating.)

So, any suggestions on a max $150 case that has decent airflow and cooling, and can fit a 9800 GTX+ card (I had problems with one case where the hard drive bay on the bottom of the front blocked it from going in cause its really long.)

If no suggestion on an actual case what are some good quality brands for cases with good cooling?

Specs on Comp:

ASUS M3A78-CM Mobo
    Windows XP SP 3
    Nvidia 9800 GTX +
    AMD Althlon X2 Dual Core 6000+ 3.0 GHZ
    4 GB of Ram (shows as 3.25)
    Onboard Sound

2. daz1

daz1 Banned

any cheap gaming case off say ebay will suit especially if you have knowledge to fit exta fans, you have a 9800gtx you want to see the size of a gtx 280 like mine its as big as my laptop!!! always get a better psu though better a cheap case and expensive psu ocz 800 for example is well worth it

3. Drathmar

Drathmar Thread Starter

I have a PSU already to pu in the case, I'm just too lazy to take the case out and look at what it is exactly but it would go in the new one as well and its an ATX case.

And I would prefer to buy one with enough fans already installed. Im kinda lazy like that.

4. daz1

daz1 Banned

well i prefer to overclock myself and suit fans to my needs. pre installed may not be exactly in position you may need, cheap water cooling now about £50.00 ($80.00) so well worth considering

5. Drathmar

Drathmar Thread Starter

I have no clue how to install water cooling however, how hard is it, can you get cases with it pre-installed?

I know one of the cases i was looking at had 4 fans, one on the lower front, one on the top on on the lower back and one on the side door.

6. daz1

daz1 Banned

7. allheart55

allheart55

8. Drathmar

Drathmar Thread Starter

9. daz1

daz1 Banned

looks fine to me but i running 16,000ghz off a £20.00 case !!! clocked to death !!

10. Drathmar

Drathmar Thread Starter

I really like that antec case the more I look at it allhart, only problem with it, I need to know if the vid card I have would fit in it. Last time I bought a case it wouldn't fit.

11. allheart55

allheart55

I actually like the case so much, I purchased two of them. In my second case my video card is 9 1/4 inches in length. :D (Hope that helps you...) :D

12. Drathmar

Drathmar Thread Starter

How much room do you have left? Cause the 9800 GTX is 10.5 inches.

13. Drathmar

Drathmar Thread Starter

Well, for anyone interested I bought the Antec 900 instead. Great case. Lots of room, comes with 2 fans mounted on the front, each of them blowing directly into each HDD bay. 1 huge 230mm I think fan on top blows directly on CPU/GPU (big enough to hit both cause its that huge), rear fan as well, plus an easy mount for a 120mm fan on the door, and a mount for another 120mm on the other side of one of the HDD that would also blow directly on the GPU.

Case dropped the temps on my GPU and HDD by around 30 each, and CPU by around 20.

14. DarqueMist

DarqueMist

you'll be pleased with that case drathmar, running all my fans on medium does a great job keeping everything cool without being to loud (wish the fan speed switches were accessible from the outside of the case though). Two words of caution, as you would guess all that open airflow means it builds up dust fast so keep an eye on it. Also when cleaning be gentle with the top mounted 200mm fan there's a lot of complaints of it being brittle and easy to break.

15. Drathmar

Drathmar Thread Starter

Quick question, is there anyway to manually adjust the speed of the top and rear fans (mostly top) as it seems to go really really slow all the time.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/929890

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice