1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: computer crashes

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by singel352000, Feb 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. singel352000

singel352000 Thread Starter

I have 4 yes 4 internal hardrives and 2 dvd burners on my computer and no problems but when I use a external usb hard drive to trans dater either 3.5 or 2.5 next day system does not recognize any of my drives.

2. Rich-M

Rich-M

Possibly weak or inadequate power supply. Does the external work ok on another system?

3. singel352000

yes works ok on frends he transfers movies from my system to his and he has no problem just put in a new power supply to cope with games plenty of power
    am I asking to much of windows or system.????

4. Rich-M

Rich-M

Is this a known branded power supply and and what wattage?

5. singel352000

thanks for your help power supply is x-oz at 600 wattage the funny thing is after I disconnect usb drive I still work with computer for a few hours All the problems are the next day when I start up I wont boot doe,s not recognize any hard drives I have ???

6. Rich-M

Rich-M

Have you checked to see if there are any bios updates dealing with usb issues for your motherboard or system? Any usb updates from mobo mfgr? Do you have in chipset driver for mobo?
    Tell us hardware....

7. singel352000

thanks for help The only thing that seems to help is to create a start point do what I have to do then go back and start at that point and the problem does not happen so I will mark this thread as solved and once again thanks :eek:

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/541572

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice