1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Computer doesn't turn on after format

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by glizda101, Dec 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. glizda101

glizda101 Thread Starter

Hello.

I have a strange problem and i'm not even completely sure it's hardware related.

I formatted my PC's hard drive and installed XP. I didn't have any troubles with that and it wasn't unusual in any way. Unfortunatelly after that my PC has problems turning on. It restarted a few times during system instalation, updating and installing other programs (which is normal), but after I turned it off for the night, the START button doesn't seem to work properly. For the first and second time I've managed to turn it on eventually (I've unplugged the power cord and plugged it again, I played with the ON/OFF switch, I waited). But the problem didn't vanish. Now it doesn't respond at all. Maybe it will turn on after a while (like two last times), but I'd prefer the problem to disappear completely.

I found this article - http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/547 - but I really would like to avoid opening the guts of my PC. Is it possible that the problem is software related? It appeared only AFTER the format and has never existed before.

2. glizda101

glizda101 Thread Starter

Cable problem.

Solved.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1082297

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice