1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Computer Freezes when Mionet is closed

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by wilkinb3, Jun 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wilkinb3

wilkinb3 Thread Starter

I recently installed the demo version of Mionet to try and and have more access to my MyBook hard drive. Now whenever I close the program my computer completely freezes up. If I leave Mionet on I can run my computer indefinitely. I have up to date AVG full version and scans aren't showing anything for virus activity. What might it be?

2. Sponsor

3. new tech guy

new tech guy

The only real reason for mionet serive is remote access for the mybook device. Is this what you are looking for? If not, i would personally ditch it and just set up shares through its built in web interface. For mounting you could easily use a small batch script at startup to accomplish this.

4. wilkinb3

wilkinb3 Thread Starter

The problem is that Mionet opens at startup. And to uninstall it I have to close it. Think I should just uninstall it in safe mode? I just don't want to be completely locked out of my computer. After I close the program I have about 20 seconds maybe and then the computer freezes.

5. new tech guy

new tech guy

Why dont you disable it from startup this way you can freely uninstall.

6. wilkinb3

wilkinb3 Thread Starter

Thanks, I don't know what I was thinking. Guess I was just scared because I've never had a program act exactly like that. I just went into run and went to msconfig to disable it from startup. Thanks again for putting me back on track.

7. new tech guy

new tech guy

Are you putting mionet back on or just doing without? Like i said mionet is a great remote access client but if you only want to use the device locally imo it does things that simply are not necessary. Just before tossing mionet make sure you move data out of those shares because they will be hidden unless mionet is put back. If there is nothing your going to miss then go ahead and toss mionet, then just set up shares through the mybook's web interface and i would gladly build a logon script for you.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/834582