1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Computer Freezing/freezing/graphical glitchs

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Unorthadox, Mar 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unorthadox

Unorthadox Thread Starter

Hello, I'm having an issue with my computer.

My computer has started to restart/freeze up on me. The thing is, it has graphical issues once it freezes/tries to reboot. I get all these lines through the screen, graphical glitches when trying to go through the BIOS, etc. The computer isn't too slow, it isn't acting strange, the only thing that is wrong is the obvious freezing/restarting with graphical lines and glitches once it freezes.

My video card has been going out for a long time(I share a computer with a few people and they seem to think the video card is ok, but I have always seen small glitches in graphics here and there), so I am thinking maybe this might be a problem, given the graphical glitches, the horizontal lines going through the screen once it freezes.

When it hits the BIOS, it sometimes shows these same lines with the screen going mostly black.

System specs are:

CPU - Core 2 Duo, speed I don't remember.

Video Card - Geforce 7900 GT 512mb

Ram - 2GB DDR2

Motherboard - Asus, P5N-E SLI

I got this computer a few years back and I am not one to keep updated with specs or talk about them often, so I have forgotten the speed of the CPU and I do not know if I am missing information for you guys.

Solutions I have tried:

Overheating - I used air to filter out all dust/dirt that might be there to harm the computer, I have plenty of fans in there, etc.

Any and all help will be appreciated, Thank you.

2. Mazley

Mazley

If you're getting graphical 'glitches' while in bios, that's usually a good sign that your graphics card is having issues - however, I have seen this happen with faulty ram. I'd recommend reseating the cards (ensure your computer is off and unplugged whilst doing so) and see if that helps

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/809769

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice