Solved: Computer hangs at POST screen w/ HD5670

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

techdawg667

I recently installed an XFX Radeon HD5670 into my computer. It worked fine for a week or two but now whenever I try to boot the computer it just freezes at the ugly dell boot splash screen at POST. Furthermore, when I try to press F2 to enter setup or F12 for boot menu it will not respond. At all. It just stays at the boot screen forever until I shut it down again (I don't need to force shutdown). When I remove the card and use mobo graphics I can boot normally.

Problem computer specs:
Core 2 Duo E4400 @ 2.0 GHz
Windows XP 32-bit
2GB DDR2 RAM
XFX Radeon HD5670

techdawg667

Model is Inspiron 510 Desktop

My PSU is the one that came with the Dell, 300W. But I'm sure it can handle the 5670 as it has a TDP of 65W under load. The most graphically intensive game I play right now is Vindictus.

its pretty obvious that the stock dell psu is inadequate for that card........... this is from the xfx site

XFX Radeon HD 5670 System Requirements

PCI Express compliant motherboard with one X16 graphics slot
400 Watt or greater power supply recommended (500 Watt for ATI CrossFireX™ technology in dual mode)
Certified power supplies are recommended.
Minimum 1GB of system memory

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online