1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Computer Keeps going into Power Save

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Marisol, Jun 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marisol

Marisol Thread Starter

Jun 17, 2008
    My operating system is Windows Vista.
    My computer keeps going into power save mode. I get this message "Auto Detect Analog input Entering Power Save" then my computer screen goes black, nothing shuts down, I can hear music if I'm playing music, but the screen is black. In order to get the pictures back I have to reboot. I went into the Power Options and changed it to High Performance under "Turn off the display is set on Never, and put the computer to sleep is set at Never. How do I stop it from going into Power Save.
  2. leroys1000

leroys1000 Banned

Aug 15, 2007
    From what little info I am finding,it appears to be a function of the monitor.
    Check the monitor for power save settings and disable any hot keys
    that may be configured in the software that may be installed for the monitor
    that relates to power saving.
    What monitor are you using?
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/722325