Solved: Computer reboots after coming out of hibernation

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

DKTaber

Have a relatively new J & N custom computer running Win XP-SP3. Has an Intel Core Duo E8400 CPU on an Intel mobo with onboard sound and video. 2GB RAM. Two weeks or so ago, after fooling around with some services (unchecking ones I didn't think I needed), the computer started doing something strange: When you bring it out of hibernation (not standby -- full hibernation), it comes back alive for maybe 20 seconds, looks and works normally. . . then reboots.

I have restored all the services that I unchecked. I have cleaned the system of temp files, broken links, cleaned the registry, etc. Didn't change the behavior. I do not have any viruses or spyware, according to SystemSuite 8 and Ad-aware (also run Spyware Blaster, so no spyware can get in anyway).

What problem is the computer having 20 sec. after coming out of hibernation that would make it have to reboot? Do I need to re-install the chipset drivers, or what?

DKTaber, Try this link hope it helps...:)
http://www.flexbeta.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=10647
here is another possible one;
http://www.velocityreviews.com/foru...-hibernate-and-simply-restarts-any-ideas.html

**Is there any minidump logs?
These guys are very good at reading them, I am learning so can you post them here...
Minidump File Reader Experts

Rollin' Rog
Moderator with 42,872 posts
I can run a debugging utility on the dump files if you do this:

1 > create a new folder on the desktop and call it "dumpcheck" or whatever you like
2 > navigate to c:\windows\minidump and copy the last few minidump files to that folder. *this assumes 'c' is your boot drive, if it is not, subsitute accordingly
3 > close the folder and right click on it and select Send to Compressed (zipped) Folder.
4 > use the "manage attachments" in the "advanced" reply window to upload that zip file here as an attachment.

This might point us to a non Windows driver causing the error, if one exists for it.

Since almost all bugchecks can be caused by faulty ram, I would recommend you perform memory tests.

Beginners Guides: Diagnosing Bad Memory

Memtest86 - A Stand-alone Memory Diagnostic

Frank4d
Distinguished Member with 4,212 posts.

kniht
Senior Member with 1,438 posts.

DKTaber

OK, Rollin' Rug, here are the minidump files. What program do you use to view the files (I tried Notepad, but no go)?

I have SystemSuite 8, which includes PC diagnostics, and tested the memory. Revealed no problems. However, I will try MemTest86.

Attachments

DKTaber

I do very little (= almost no) CD burning. I downloaded the ISO image of MemTest86, extracted the file, and burned it to a CD. . . but the CD will not boot the computer and clicking it on the CD does not cause it to run. What step did I miss?

DKTaber, you probably need to change your boot order;
if you don't know, do this by entering the BIOS at boot up
And change it to this;
cd-dvd rom drive first
hard drive second
floppy third if you have one or disabled is ok if you don't.

*I will start looking at the minidump log.
I attached my tutorial of how to read and debug minidumps.

**How to enter the BIOS;
[FONT=&quot]GENERIC PC / BIOS[/FONT]

When you don't know any particulars for the computer or BIOS in question, start your attempts from the following key combinations:

Del
F1
F2
F10
Ctrl+Alt+S
Ctrl+Alt+Enter
Ctrl+Alt+Ins
Ctrl+Alt+Esc
Ctrl+Alt+NumPad[+]
Ctrl+Esc

Computer manufacturer's have specific key(s) or key combinations that you have to press when your PC boots up, in order to enter the BIOS setup and alter your system's settings.

This article contains these key(s) or key combinations that let you enter your BIOS Setup Utility, listed with regard to the computer manufacturer and/or the BIOS version you have. Sometimes there are two or more keys or key combinations that will work, while in other cases models from the same manufacturer have different keys assigned for this function.

If you do not get it right from the first time, this might be due to one of the following reasons:
a. You are pressing the right key(s), but you are not pressing them fast enough or long enough.
b. You need to try a different key or key combination, from the other ones for the same computer or BIOS manufacturer.
c. You are using a USB keyboard in an older BIOS which does not support it; try again using a PS/2 keyboard.
d. You have a keyboard with dual-function keys, where you need to press F-Lock in order to have the F keys working. Same possibility might apply in keyboards like these, with other keys as well; e.g. Pause or Insert. Some laptops have an Fn key that works in a way similar to F-Lock. So, before trying a different key combination, please make sure you have your keyboard set correctly for the current one.-

[FONT=&quot]BIOS MANUFACTURERS[/FONT]

AMI BIOS Del
AMI BIOS F1
AMI BIOS F2
Award BIOS Del
Award BIOS Ctrl+Alt+Esc
DTK BIOS Esc
Phoenix BIOS F1
Phoenix BIOS F2
Phoenix BIOS Ctrl+Alt+Esc
Phoenix BIOS Ctrl+Alt+S
Phoenix BIOS Ctrl+S
Phoenix BIOS Ctrl+Alt+Ins

Attachments

OK here is what I came up with;
BugCheck 40000080, {89c1ca00, 89597940, 805512bc, 1}

Unable to load image e1e5132.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for e1e5132.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for e1e5132.sys
Probably caused by : e1e5132.sys ( e1e5132+21f8 )

BUGCODE_ID_DRIVER (40000080)
This is the NDIS Driver Bugcheck for Windows 2000 and Windows XP.
For Windows Server 2003 and later, see 0x7C, BUGCODE_NDIS_DRIVER.
DESCRIPTION
The meaning of the bug check parameters cannot be determined by examining the
parameters alone. You must also examine the text of a DbgPrint message.
For details, see either the debugger documentation or the DDK documentation.
Arguments:
Arg1: 89c1ca00
Arg2: 89597940
Arg3: 805512bc
Arg4: 00000001

Debugging Details:
------------------

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x40000080

PROCESS_NAME: Idle

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from b9e51821 to 804f9f33

STACK_TEXT:
805511f8 b9e51821 40000080 89c1ca00 89597940 nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x1b
80551258 b97a71f8 89c1ca00 805512bc 00000001 NDIS!ethFilterDprIndicateReceivePacket+0x5fe
WARNING: Stack unwind information not available. Following frames may be wrong.
80551274 b97b02ec 898cef50 805512bc 00000001 e1e5132+0x21f8
80551294 b97b27aa 898e73a0 00000000 805512bc e1e5132+0xb2ec
805513cc b97ad2e1 017e6000 00000001 00000000 e1e5132+0xd7aa
80551404 b97a6371 007e6000 80551428 b9e46e99 e1e5132+0x82e1
80551410 b9e46e99 898cef50 8055c0c0 ffdff9c0 e1e5132+0x1371
80551428 80545e6f 897e6878 897e6864 00000000 NDIS!ndisMDpcX+0x21
80551440 8055be60 ffdffc50 00000000 8055be60 nt!KiRetireDpcList+0x61
80551450 80545d54 00000000 0000000e 00000000 nt!KiIdleThread0
80551454 00000000 0000000e 00000000 00000000 nt!KiIdleLoop+0x28

STACK_COMMAND: kb

FOLLOWUP_IP:
e1e5132+21f8
b97a71f8 ?? ???

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 2

SYMBOL_NAME: e1e5132+21f8

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: e1e5132

IMAGE_NAME: e1e5132.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 47aa5d49

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x40000080_e1e5132+21f8

BUCKET_ID: 0x40000080_e1e5132+21f8

Followup: MachineOwner

http://www.file.net/process/e1e5132.sys.html

e1e5132.sys file information

The process Intel(R) PRO/1000 Adapter NDIS 5.1 deserialized driver or Intel(R) PRO/1000 Adapter NDIS 5.2 deserialized driver belongs to the software Intel(R) PRO/1000 PCI Express Network Connection Driver by Intel Corporation (www.intel.com).

Description: File e1e5132.sys is located in the folder C:\Windows\System32\drivers. Known file sizes on Windows XP are 250776 bytes (25% of all occurrence), 246680 bytes, 176128 bytes, 230400 bytes.
The driver can be started or stopped from Services in the Control Panel or by other programs. The program is not visible. The service has no detailed description. It is not a Windows system file. e1e5132.sys seems to be a compressed file. Therefore the technical security rating is 18% dangerous, however also read the users reviews.

Important: Some malware camouflage themselves as e1e5132.sys, particularly if they are located in c:\windows or c:\windows\system32 folder. Thus check the e1e5132.sys process on your pc whether it is pest

Search for the file and upload it here for a security check;
http://virusscan.jotti.org/

*More results for the file;
http://www.google.com/search?client...nnel=s&hl=en&q=e1e5132.sys&btnG=Google+Search

DKTaber

My boot priority is/has always been CD/DVD then HD.

A scan of e1e5132.sys on the recommended site found nothing. Didn't think it would; my computer is WELL protected; haven't had a virus or spyware for 4 years.

Program used to burn MemTest86 to a CD was Nero 7.

Additional information: I discovered yesterday that my computer will not go into standby when left on, despite my setting to have the monitor shut down after 15 minutes, the HD after 30 minutes, standby in 1 hour, hibernation in 2 hours. The monitor does shut down and I thing the HD does, but that's as far as it goes. So not only does the system reboot when coming out of Standby or Hibernation, but it also won't go into them on its own.

My boot priority is/has always been CD/DVD then HD.

A scan of e1e5132.sys on the recommended site found nothing. Didn't think it would; my computer is WELL protected; haven't had a virus or spyware for 4 years.

Program used to burn MemTest86 to a CD was Nero 7.

Additional information: I discovered yesterday that my computer will not go into standby when left on, despite my setting to have the monitor shut down after 15 minutes, the HD after 30 minutes, standby in 1 hour, hibernation in 2 hours. The monitor does shut down and I thing the HD does, but that's as far as it goes. So not only does the system reboot when coming out of Standby or Hibernation, but it also won't go into them on its own.
Out of curiosity what do you consider "well protected"? In bios under Power Management, is standby set to "user control"? Is it also set to S3 or S1?

And can you try this little free ISO burning program;
http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/isorecorder.htm

*If that one doesn't work here are several more;
http://www.google.com/search?q=burn...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

e1e5132.sys file information

The process Intel(R) PRO/1000 Adapter NDIS 5.1 deserialized driver or Intel(R) PRO/1000 Adapter NDIS 5.2 deserialized driver belongs to the software Intel(R) PRO/1000 PCI Express Network Connection Driver by Intel Corporation
Try uninstalling this driver and reboot and reinstall the Original one off the motherboard disc first.
Then roll the driver back or go to Intel and get e newer one...
and of course don't get any drivers from microsoft unless as a last resort.

A scan of e1e5132.sys on the recommended site found nothing. Didn't think it would;
I didn't either :) but it is standard protocol to make sure :)

DKTaber

Out of curiosity what do you consider "well protected"? In bios under Power Management, is standby set to "user control"? Is it also set to S3 or S1?
"Well protected" = a SystemSuite 8 firewall that according to Steve Gibson's Shields Up! makes the ports on my computer invisible to the Internet; Spyware Blaster running in the background blocking spy ware before it can get in; two manual scan anti-spy ware programs – SystemSuite 8 and Ad-aware – which are constantly updated and I run at least twice a week; SystemSuite AV (which is actually Trend Micro's) updated automatically. As I said, I haven't had a virus, worm or any spy ware for years

The BIOS ACPI power setting is/has always been S3.

DKTaber

Try uninstalling this driver and reboot and reinstall the Original one off the motherboard disc first. Then roll the driver back or go to Intel and get a newer one...
and of course don't get any drivers from microsoft unless as a last resort.
There is no entry in Add/Remove programs for Intel PRO. However, and I don't know if this has anything to do with it, Device Manager showed one device with the dreaded big, yellow "?", and said it was a PCI serial port. I remove it, since it wasn't working anyway.

Also noticed something else today. Add/Remove programs lists Intel Network Connections 13.1.33.0 (which I think is actually Intel PRO by another name). However, I also have Revo Uninstaller on my PC, and it lists Intel Network Connections AND Intel Network Connections 13.1.33.0, and when I click the former to delete it, Revo says, "Intel(R) Network connections 13.1.33.0 is installed on the same location as Intel Network Connections! Leftovers will be found from both applications! Carefully check the ones you want to remove." That might have happened because I did install an update (the 13.1.33.0) last week. The installer program said nothing about uninstalling the old program before installing the new one, so I didn't. I would have no idea which files to select for deletion and which to leave, so I should probably uninstall both, then reinstall the update. Yes?

Well if you did an update and this started to happen you have to know it possibly does have something to do with it. I would uninstall the network card including any software installed and download the newest driver from the motherboard mfgr, not Intel as there could be the difference.
Other thing I would do is disable the onboard Nic ( I never use them anyway) and install a pci Nic card and see if it happens again. My incursions into Linux have taught me to use only Intel pci or now pci-express Nic cards anyway. There are never any driver issues and everything recognizes them.
BTW there is nothing wrong with Trend Micro though it is hardly the best, but Adaware is useless old technology (imho). If you really want to check your spyware download and install this: www.superantispyware update and scan with it.

DKTaber

Well if you did an update and this started to happen you have to know it possibly does have something to do with it. I would uninstall the network card including any software installed and download the newest driver from the motherboard mfgr, not Intel as there could be the difference.
Other thing I would do is disable the onboard Nic ( I never use them anyway) and install a pci Nic card and see if it happens again. My incursions into Linux have taught me to use only Intel pci or now pci-express Nic cards anyway. There are never any driver issues and everything recognizes them.
No, the problem existed before any updates. I hoped the updates might fix it, but they had no effect.

FYI, Intel is the motherboard manufacturer.

I just uninstalled the Intel Network Connections program, which apparently removed the Ethernet controller drivers as well, but Windows found the driver on the Intel chipset drivers CD and reinstalled it, which is why I'm able to respond to this message.

I will have to see if removing the Intel Network Connections program solves the problem.

DKTaber

I'm marking this thread as solved, even though I never really discovered what the problem was. I talked to the computer assembler (it's a JNCS custom-built computer) about the problem and they thought the best thing to do was to wipe the drive clean and reinstall Windows. I hate doing that, because it ususally takes me 2-3 days to reinstall all the other software, working files, and reconfigure MS Office the way I want it to work, etc. But, it did get rid of the problem. The thing that's so frustrating is that I still have no idea what caused the problem, so didn't learn anything about how to avoid it in the future.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online