Solved: Computer Reboots Automatically, Seen A STOP 0x0000000A Blue Screen....

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sik91lx

Guys,

Recieved this error
STOP : 0x0000000A
0xFEFD7000, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x804FA497

Memory tested fine with mem86...

Im suspecting a defective Video Card?

What do you guys suggest? It wont even stay booted long enough so i can access event viewer or so

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314063

Seems like a good place to start. But alas it looks like you could be plagued by anything from faulty hardware to faulty software, but depending on when you recieve the stop error you should be able to narrow it down quickly.

sik91lx

I do have XP SP2

Its a Company Desktop (Centerlized PC Case With Asus Motherboard)
2GB RAM
128 Raedon 9200 Video Card

I ran MEM86 test and everything passed normally..

I recieved the blue screen of death before the XP logo appears from BOOT or sometimes i ge lucky and make it to the log in screen then BOOM!

I recieved three types of erros in the BSOD, one was a 0x0000000A, then it was a 0x0000008E..

Video card?

sik91lx

Because i removed the video card and and plugged it back in.. It seemed to be working ok but then it went back to whatever it was doing.. BUT i found the issue.

It was a BAD MEMORY STICK... I did run a mem86 and it did pass but when i inspected my ram sticks, i noticed one of the ram sticks had a burnt edge near the copper fittings....

So i took that ram out and now the PC is working fine... Running on 1.5GB

Thanks Guy!!

Always remember that with memtest, you are more likely to encounter errors the longer you run it. some problems dont arise until the ram has been running for a while, some wont arise until heat shows up.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts