1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Computer says Im using the wrong discs for backup

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Mattrg, Apr 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Mattrg

Mattrg Thread Starter

Sorry of this isn't a hardware issue, I wasn't really sure where to post. I have windows 7 and recently I did a system restore ( I believe to an important windows update ) due to some problems I had opening programs. Now I have the black screen issue when I try to use it. I've tried just about everything so now I'm resorting to a full system restore. The problem is when I try to make a backup of all my stuff it says It won't work because I don't have a dvd-r or dvd+r with a specific amount of space. I don't remember what the amount was but I know the dvd-r disc i inserted matched it exactly, I've tried multiple discs from the case. Thank you for reading and any help would be greatly appreciated.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1049830