Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solved: Computer shuts off after boot, but befoere Win 7 screen

618 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  EpicNetworkGroup 
#1 ·
I use Windows 7 Ultimate, 64 bit, with Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 and 8192 Ram on an ASUSP5w DH Deluxe MB.

Has been working well for months and months. No overclocking.

Yesterday, I logged on to MS to check out Win8 and allowed it to check my system for upgrade. I received report that some programs were not compatiable and that "NX" was not activated. I decided to check some of the incompatiable programs out and read up on "NX".

So I closed all my programs out and rebooted and checked out my setup. I found no reference to "NX", but I did enable the MB to manage my fans, which I have not done in the past. Then, F10 and automatic reboot.

It went through the rebooting, recognized the ram, but when it came to the point that WiN7 would begin, it powers down shuts off, with out the Windows screen opening.

I went back into setup and disable the the option about the MB operating the fans, rebooted and it shuts down again,

I start the power and boot up and checked the setup and all looks like it usually does.

I tried f8 at difference times, but the computer will not continue past the last post of recognizing all my ram.

I went inside the computer and checked the connections on the boot drive and just about everything else. The fans start up, power light is on on the board.

BTW, the temperatures, as measured in the set up are well within normal range. None of the components seem hot. I let it set overnight and it still shuts off after the screen about the RAM and before starting Win7.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

See less See more
#2 ·
Hello & Welcome to Tech Guy Forum, c 2013:
EXCELLENT description! Seriously. Well written & in paragraphs. :)
2 :up:

Nice job or reversing the BIOS fan change.

I tried f8 at difference times, but the computer will not continue past the last post of recognizing all my ram.
Then it is probably a hardware issue.
The 1st thing I would do is verify that the ram is properly seated.
Reboot.
If a problem. remove all ram except 1 stick.
Reboot.
Swap ram as necessary.

How old is this system?

Check the motherboard for bad caps.
www.badcaps.net

RF123

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.