Solved: computer shutting off i think its my video card

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cliffo90

my computer in my sig in red, is shutting off whenever i try to play a game like cs. i used to be able to play games like battlefield 2 and cs. 10 seconds into the game, there is a noise that sounds like my computer is shutting off. this is while im still in the game. 5 seconds after the beep, the computer actually freezes/shuts off. i went into run>dxdiag and ran the direct 3d test. within 5 seconds of it, the comp shut off. i updated all the drivers already. could it be because of the power supply? any suggestions?

SirKenin

Banned
No, actually a beep followed by a shutdown usually means overheating. Quite common with those XP blast furnaces. You might want to check your cooling solutions, including thermal paste, and see if there are any clues.

Might also take side off case put fan [portable one and let air into case.possable power supply? Like SirKin {agree overheating}

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online