Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solved: Computer slow start-up and firefox freezing

3K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  rka0 
#1 ·
Hopefully I have the right section. I have a few problems that I hope to get help with.

My computer is starting slowly. I don't notice it so much but when checking my performace information it says that startup programs are causing windows to slow. When I clicked to see what the program was it it says:

Onecare firewall service
msfwsvc.exe.
Date reported March 24 2009.

Can I remove it from the list or is it needed?

Also, when I clicked on the event log, I was getting a lot of critical, warnings and errors reported. Most of them are in regards to event id 100 boot performance monitoring and event id 200 shutdown performance monitoring. There are other event id numbers as well but these are the main ones. I am not entirely too sure what they mean or how to fix them.

Finally, my firefox is freezing alot and I am getting a lot of non-responses from it. Pages such as Myspace are taking a long time to load and then will freeze. At times, it will take 30 secs-a few minutes to load and if it freezes it takes a little while for it to come good or I will just close Firefox and start again. Having more than one tab open also seems to make it freeze alot more than it used to.

I didn't expect to have so much trouble since my laptop is fairly new. I am using a Vista service pack 2.

Any help is appreciated.
Thank you.

See less See more
#3 ·
Hi rka01,

I did as you said and it didn't do too much. I did remove 3 unneccessary ones though I had done that previous to my first post as well.

My computer is still running slowly and being unresponsive. It is also still coming up with a few critical messages as well as a lot of warnings and errors in the event log. I don't know if I should be concerned about them or not.

I am also not sure whether the OneCare Firewall service is needed since I have the Trend Micro Security Suite and so am using the firewall from Trend.

Any help would be appreciated even if it is an "I don't know".

And sorry for the late reply to your help. It is appreciated.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.