1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Computer Stuck in Reboot Loop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dell4700, Jun 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Bernardo

Bernardo

You're welcome.

2. dell4700

dell4700 Thread Starter

I forced shutdown. started up and its finishing the second part of install.

I hope none of my data is lost.

3. Bernardo

Bernardo

Here's hoping too. Usually on repair installs, I've been lucky. You'll end up with a Windows.old directory, more than likely, but, your documents "should" be safe.

4. dell4700

dell4700 Thread Starter

thanks data's safe...but some strange errors when opening programs. It may be because I need to update back to sp3 since my cd was sp1.

5. Bernardo

Bernardo

Possibly, but, some (probably most) programs may need to be reinstalled. Be sure you reinstall to the new Windows program directory. I would delete the old one when you have everything you need from it.

6. dell4700

dell4700 Thread Starter

My data actually was in its original place. it didn't go into a windows.old directory.
    Thanks for your help. I was actually planning on doing a clean win 7 install soon so now's probably a good time since this xp install is pretty messy and corrupt.

7. jack-o-bytes

jack-o-bytes

Hello there. Just out of curiosity did you have Mcafee anti-virus on that computer?

8. dell4700

dell4700 Thread Starter

Actually I used to have McAfee Enterprise installed, but I switched to MS Security Essentials before that incident happened. That's when it accidentally misidentified a system file. I know my computer was showing symptoms like that but I think my problem was unseated ram chips since I have had trouble with my ram slots before.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/928169