Solved: Computer Stuttering

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

GoldenHotdog

Since I first got this computer everything ran fine and smooth but this morning, my audio and video for videos and games started to stutter or go in slow motion when I move my mouse. I saw that the processor was working harder as I move my mouse. The computer usage spikes to about 50%

Operating System: Windows 8.1 64-bit
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
Processor: Intel Core i5 processor 4460
RAM: 8GB
Mouse: SteelSeries Rival

Triple6

Rob
Did you mean to mark your thread as Solved? If so what was the solution?

GoldenHotdog

I did mean to, the problem was with the mouse. All I had to do was reconnect my USB mouse. Funny that the mouse mad everything on the monitor go very slowly.

Triple6

Rob
Glad to hear it was an easy solution. Posting it may also help others.

GoldenHotdog

Seems the unplugging of my mouse and plugging it back in was temporary. After a while the lag of moving the mouse increases.

GoldenHotdog

Oh I found the one total solution! It was that the polling rate (MHz) was too high! Once I lowered that it was working fine and I had no more lag spikes!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online