1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Computer to TV

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)' started by Bud Norris, Apr 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Bud Norris

Bud Norris Thread Starter

I have an older computer that doesn't have a s-Video jack. The VGA output is built into the motherboard so a new card with S-Video output is not an option. Question: is there any possible way to connect to a TV for a picture without s-video?
    Can the VGA output for the monitor be connected through an adapter cable, if there is such a thing, so as to feed into the Tv's s-video jack?
    I think I'm screwed on this but asking the question will ease my mind!

Any help would be appreciated.

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Does your MSI 875P Neo-FISR motherboard have an AGP expansion slot? If so you should be able to disable the on-board video and install an AGP Video Controller card with S-video output.

The simple VGA to S-Video adapter cables being sold will only work with video controller hardware that has the ability to switch the signals on the VGA connector from RGB to S-Video. Not that many controllers do that.

3. Bud Norris

Sorry, should have stated that the computer I asked about is not my desktop but a separate one.
    It was purchased in 2003 so it won't have the video controller you mention.
    Thanks anyway.

4. cwwozniak

First Name:
    Chuck
  5. Bud Norris

Thank you cwwozniak! You have answered my questions totally. This device is exactly what I was looking for.
    I really don't have any other choice because this older computer is a "box" and there is no way to add anything except memory.
    Thanks again!

6. cwwozniak

First Name:
    Chuck
    You're welcome.

Hope that you get satisfactory results with the converter.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/917122

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice