1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Computer Turns On - Nothing Displayed On Screen

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by WAPhate, Jun 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. WAPhate

WAPhate Thread Starter

Hi, having a few problems with my PC. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A few weeks ago I came into the office to find my PC was making a strange "static" type of noise out of the speakers. The computer failed to power up, so ordered a new motherboard.

Fitted the motherboad today and put in a larger PSU. It powers up but nothing is displayed on my screen. Have tried a PCI Express graphics card and an old PCI graphics card but neither seem to output anything to the screen.

The PCI Express graphics card was working fine in the computer before it broke.

Another possible problem would be the CPU rather than the graphics card. I have tried 3 different processors (the one that was in the previous motherboard and two others) but using a different processor doesn't do anything.

Would it be right to assume that this must be a graphics card problem?

Could it be something else entirely?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is starting to frustrate me,
    Thanks,
    Michael

2. stevecook

stevecook

Are you getting a POST beep as it tries to boot? If not I would check out your RAM.

3. WAPhate

WAPhate Thread Starter

Not getting any beeps at all. Get beeps if I remove the RAM, but no beeps with the RAM inserted.

4. stevecook

stevecook

Looks like the RAM is faulty or contacts need cleaning.

5. WAPhate

WAPhate Thread Starter

You, my friend, are a genius. Took two of the 3 sticks of RAM out of the computer and I now have stuff on the screen. Thanks a lot for your help, it is really appreciated. :)
    Michael

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/832232

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice