1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: computer will not start

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Paellaman, Apr 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paellaman

Paellaman Thread Starter

Hi, I have an Acer Aspire M3610 desktop with 1.6 gig Intel core duo with 2 gig memory running w7 64 bit. This computer failed to start about 5 months ago and I got the blue screen of death which I eventually cured by re-seating the memory. I also installed w7 in place of the original Vista and the system has worked fine untill this moening. When I switched it on the blue front lights came on and the cd drive light flashed on and off a few times and the hard disk activity light flashed for about 5 seconds and the fan started to run at full speed and continued to run continuously but nothing further happened and the monitor showed no signes of life at all. I have tried re-seating the memory chips and have checked the bios battery which is indicating 3.05 volts but still nothing will start. I have inserted the original w7 disk and this will not load allthough the activity light for th drive flashes a few times. I know that the bios is set to give priority to the cd rom drive but even the seagate disk checking start up disk will not load. I just do not know what to do next and any advice would be very welcome.
    Thank you. Paellaman.

2. Paellaman

Paellaman Thread Starter

Thanks all who read my problems. I got things working in the end by removing the memory banks and re-inserting in unused slots which indicates to me that I have a problem with one of the now unused sockets which is no longer a problem unless I wanted to increase the memory.
    Regards Paellaman

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/918809

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice