Solved: Computer won't finish shutting down

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Mike_Ford

A while ago, I posted a thread about how my dad's computer wouldn't finish shutting down. It gets to the "Windows is now shutting down" screen and then just sits there. I was told to go to the Window start-up and shut down troubleshooter to fix the problem. I tried that but the troubleshooter is not working. I get to the first screen and tell it that my computer stops responding when I try to shut it down. I click next and it goes to a blank screen. What do I do from there? :confused:

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Mike:

The link that WhitPhil sent you is a good one, so make use of it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Go here and click the "HijackThis Self Installer" link so you can download and install HijackThis 1.99.1. Make sure to direct it to install inside the C:\Program Files folder. Close all browser windows, then open the program and run a scan with it. Save the log, then post its entire contents here. The log will show us what programs in that computer are running in the background(#8 in the link that WhitPhil gave you).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online