Solved: Condense the start >all program listing

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ljbirns

I run windows XP. When I go to START > All Programs I get 4 columns of programs
Each column appears to be about 3 inches wide on my 14.5 inch laptop screen.
The 4 th column ( on the right ) shows only about 1.5 inches and of course the listing shows only the first part of the program names.
Is there a way to make the columns narrower so that I could get 5 or 6 columns of program listing ?

Thanks

Lew

ljbirns

Thank you, Mike

I am going to go the new folder route. I think a long scroll would be a pain.

Lew

The width of the columns is determined by the longest name displayed. You can group similar programs into folders, and that will reduce the number of entries in the programs list. For example, put all your game program shortcuts in a "Games" folder.

ljbirns

OK bbearren

Terriffic. I shortened some loooong program names and bingo the columns narrowed.
It is a wonderful thing. i am also grouping my similar programs
Thank you both. In about an hour a problem that I couldn't figure out has been solved.

Lew

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.