1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Confused about RAM - Puzzling Issues

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by HowdyDonut, Jan 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HowdyDonut

HowdyDonut Thread Starter

Hello,

Thank you for taking time to check out my recent issues with my computer memory. Recently my RAM has been extremely used when I'm only running a few programs such as a Steam.

For example, take a look at this screenshot here: http://gyazo.com/bca01686908f5bc1389a441e069b6c8c

The above screenshot was taken when I just had Steam and some (way less taxing) programs in the background running. When I restart my computer, this seems to remedy the fact that so much of my memory is being used, but what is odd is that my memory is "being used" extremely more frequently than before. I use to not restart my computer until about every 2 weeks. Now it is necessary that I restart it every day, or multiple times in a day, so that I can play games with reasonable FPS. I'm not quite sure what is causing this issue. Do I need to get more RAM?

Attached is my DxDiag so that you can see my computer specifications and such. Thank you :)

Attached Files:

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Your Windows Task Manager should be submitted as an image instead of in a link, so I've done that for you.

Its "Performance" tab shows 118 running processes, so that's one reason why so much RAM is being used.

Images of its "Processes" tab would be helpful.

Attached Files:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!