Solved: Connect Bio-metric time clock to another network?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Bumbers

The company I work for has recently gotten a new Internet connection at their farm across the street. Originally the time clock was placed there and monitored over the LAN on the computer that I am at right now. Now that there is a new connection I need to know how to connect the time clock on the other internet connection to this PC. Networking has never been my strong suit. :confused::confused: any help would be appreciated! (y):D

-Bumbers

P.S. The time Clock is an anviz EP300 and the PC is running windows 8.1 :rolleyes:

Last edited:

cwwozniak

Chuck
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Hi Bumbers, and welcome to TSG.

Does the new connection at the other building have at least one static public IP address? If not, things may get a bit more complicated.

Beyond that, you will need to set up whatever modems and routers are being used across the street to port forward from the Internet public IP address to the private IP address of the time clock on the LAN. Having the time clock use a static IP address on the LAN, rather than get its IP address via DHCP would also simplify things.

It appeared to me that only registered users on the Anviz web site can download product manuals. I have no idea if or how the time clock can be properly configured to use a static IP address, the port numbers used, or the type of security it offers. Once you have port forwarding configured, the time clock will be exposed to attacks from the Internet.

After you have everything configured at the other location, you should be able to use the public IP address of the other location to access the clock from your location.

Triple6

Rob
An alternative to above is to create a VPN between the sites to join the two networks together.

Or does the time clock have an option to upload data to somewhere such as FTP?

The PC could also be used to upload the data across the internet via FTP, a cloud storage service, etc.

Bumbers

Thanks everyone for the help. I wanted to avoid having the "this is what you need to buy" conversation with my boss,:( but it looks like DD-WRT is gonna be the best option. I've set up DD-WRT routers in the past but nothing to this scale. :cool: If i get stumped i'll probably be back on TSG. Thanks again for the responses

-Bumbers

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online