Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solved: Connecting a $400 Stereo to PC with standard sound card(should be easy Q to answer)

958 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  sharky 
#1 ·
i have a $400 Magnovox home threatre stereo that i bought 3 years ago that i want to connect to my PC that has a standard sound card.

The audio cable i would connect to the back of my PC , is slightly too big to plug into the PC hole. My PC has a holes for a headphone,microphone, and pc speakers.

I assume i need to get another sound card, to marry the home threatre audio cord and the PC. Does this sound right?

(i have never done a sound card upgrade, but have done memory,graphic cards,and a hard drive successfully)

#2 ·
You should be able to source some adapters that will allow you to convert from a large size to a smaller size, its just a matter of knowing what size you require. If you can take the hifi plug to your local electrical store they should be able to work it out for you.

#3 ·
bigbear said:
You should be able to source some adapters that will allow you to convert from a large size to a smaller size, its just a matter of knowing what size you require. If you can take the hifi plug to your local electrical store they should be able to work it out for you.
ok thanks. i thought an adaptor would not do

#6 ·
One word of advice, Line level inputs, which is what is most likely on the radio is a very very low voltage @ 0.316V where as speaker level is @ 2.83V at 1 w . Just be careful you don’t kill your radio. Use the radio as the amp and keep your pc at a low volume and you will be all set. I have seen people blast the Pc and blow the inputs on the radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.