Solved: Connecting an IDE slave drive to SATA motherboard, with converter kit

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

K7M

I think the only thing is that you have to set the jumper on the IDE drive to master.

b101

That isteresting, why would the slave drive be set to master?

Confused by that TBH.:confused:

K7M

sata does not recognize slave or master as they are on their own cable.

b101

Right ok, so would there be any possibility of the slave making the system think it's the hard drive?

K7M

I don't follow that question. Basically if you don't have the jumper set properly the drive will not be recognized.

b101

Right ok, I was thinking the system may think there were two main drives, therfore an error would occur, but I understand, thanks.

Ok I think you may be right, that it needs to be master, but it made some hairy noises, so I'm just going to get a sata drive to fit the system, thanks.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online