1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Connecting Laptop To A Cell Phone?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by IBwebin, Feb 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IBwebin

IBwebin Thread Starter

I have purchased an old Compaq Armada 7400 Notebook. I am wanting to connect it to my cell phone to access the internet, but I have no clue as to what hardware I need, or how to go about it. Does anyone know about this subject, or of any helpful links?

Thanks in advance! Oh, another problem is that this laptop only has one bay which can hold EITHER the floppy drive OR the DVD/CDROM drive at a time....SO...how in the heck could you wipe it and do a clean OS install, when removing one of the drives while booted locks the thing up?

2. RandyG

RandyG

Ok, what you will need to do is make sure that your armada has an IR port, and that your mobile has one as well. You will need to go to the website of your Mobile phone manufacturer and see if they have the software to support connectivity this way.

And you can do a clean install using the CD media that your Operating system comes on. It's not necessary to boot from a floppy first, as the Cds should be bootable.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/200695

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice