1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Connecting Modem/Router to another router

Discussion in 'Networking' started by elim, May 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. elim

elim Thread Starter

ok so say for eg

my ps3 ip is statically set too 192.168.2.50 connected to the belkin, but it doesnt appear on the dhcp client list

is it safe to dmz from the belkin too 192.168.2.50? so all the ports are open on my ps3

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

EG? What's that?

Yes, you just port forward to the static IP address. If you follow that guide, it should do the trick.

3. elim

elim Thread Starter

eg ment example sorry lol

so just to confirm if ive set a static ip and it doesnt show on the dhcp client list, its still statically assigned? so i just port forward to it

4. JohnWill

Yes, the DHCP list is just for devices that are assigned dynamically by the router's DHCP server.

I have a bunch of NAS devices and a media server that are statically assigned, none of them appear in the DHCP server list on my router.

5. elim

elim Thread Starter

ok, i was just curious before when i used my router as an access point, and i had everything assigned statically and they all appeared on the dhcp list, it must be when theres two routers involved

so is this correct

[​IMG]

6. elim

elim Thread Starter

also id like to thank you for each post on this thread, youv'e really helped me

thank you

7. JohnWill

Your previous post is correct if you want that IP address to also be in the DMZ. That will expose all ports to the Internet, is that what you're trying to do? If you want to forward a specific port, you need to configure it in the Virtual Servers page.

8. elim

elim Thread Starter

yeah thanks, everythings up and running, case solved

9. JohnWill

Excellent. :)

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/826599

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice