Solved: connection problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

c4rsy

i have also just purchased an acer and am having terrible problems getting internet access. i have another laptop running windows 7 alongside this model and have no problems with internet connection. the problem i have is for about an hour after turning acer on the connection either doesn't connect or connects then fails. After about 1 hour of pulling my hair out all seems fine and works as normal and this happens every time i turn the laptop on. HELP

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
go to the acer site for the laptop and see if there is a driver update for the wireless adapter and indeed while you are there any other updates

When the computer is first assembled and the OS installed unless your supplier updated it for you, there may well be driver updates published since the date the laptop was dispatched to the supplier from Acer

Also check on network adapter settings
power management
as per screenshot
uncheck allow the computer to turn of power
DO NOT check allow to wake as per note see my screenshot please

Attachments

c4rsy

your advice was spot on, there was an updated driver available and everything now works fine. thanks very much for your advice. regards barry

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Thanks for replying
Pleased to have helped
Would you mark your topic solved by clicking on the mark solved button
Good luck with it

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online