1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: connects to router but no internet!

Discussion in 'Networking' started by syc2506, Nov 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. syc2506

syc2506 Thread Starter

I recently formatted my notebook because it wasn't working, used the recovery cd toshiba gave me everything intalls fine but when i try connecting to my router wireless or wired it connects but i can't surf the internet it says on internet explorer "cannot find server". I know there's nothing wrong with the router because my ipod connects wireless to it and my desktop is wired to the router.
    I have tried everything on DOS all the settings are correct, what is wrong with my notebook?

My wireless is Atheros AR5007EG wireless network adapter

And i've noticed it sends lots of packets but i only recieve a few such as sent 464 packets and recieving 4 packets.

And before i formatted my hd it connected fine to the router, so basically after formatting it wont work.

2. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane

Have you tried updating the device driver for the wireless adapter? and you can ping all the other devices in the network?

3. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Does the new Windows image include a "trial" security suite? If so, what is its status?

4. syc2506

syc2506 Thread Starter

oh its ok now i updated the drivers and its working fine now :)
    sorry to of wasted your time!
    Thanks!

5. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Hardly a waste of time. You're working now and Wolfsbane's advice was right on and he will feel good when he sees this. :)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/963649

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice