1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Consistently Low FPS in All Games

Discussion in 'Games' started by LagunaGTO, Jan 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. LagunaGTO

LagunaGTO Account Closed Thread Starter

Hi! New here, first custom build PC too. Built the PC last weekend. I must say that custom PC building is awesome. This baby boots up in less then 9 seconds, including me typing in my password! I'm really enjoying it so far, except when it comes to gaming, which is one of the middle reasons to why I custom build a PC.

Issue: My FPS in WoW sits between 10-20 even in Low settings. In Ultra, it goes down to 7-10. I loaded up Lost Planet 2 with DX9 and it's only running at 5fps. Tried running DX11 for Lost Planet 2 but it gave an error saying that DirectX 11 is not found.

Can someone please help me figure out what's going on?

Specs:

[​IMG]

2. Evil_Intentions

Evil_Intentions

Forgive me if I have misread, but I dont see a graphics card. Your motherboard has an integrated card, HD4250, but that isn't a very powerful card. And as stated, it's integrated. Obviously, you will get a better answer from a person with more expertise, but this is just my 2 cents.

If your integrated card HAS been known to perform better with these games, then I suggest installing the latest available drivers.

3. LagunaGTO

I am running the integrated card currently and it should at least be doing a little better than what I am getting (I believe). Especially in WoW from what I have heard/read. That integrated card is not below average and a game like WoW is CPU/RAM/HDD dependent, not really Video Card dependent.

Latest drivers are installed for everything on the system (triple checked).

Thanks for your response!

4. Evil_Intentions

Evil_Intentions

Yes, that is what I am reading. So I do think it is mainly a driver problem. If you're a benchmark kind of guy, like me, you can find your card here:

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/video_lookup.php?cpu=Radeon+HD+4250

It has a pretty low score, and I would suspect that higher resolution gameplay would be hindered by it's small amount of ram. Try playing with medium settings at a smaller resolution, just to see. If there is still low FPS, I would fully suspect the drivers to be at fault.

EDIT: I didn't see that you said you have the latest drivers. What resolution are you trying to play at currently?

5. LagunaGTO

I guess I'll just have to get a dedicated card and see. I was planning on buying one soon, just not for a few weeks, but I guess I will put a rush on it.

I'm running a 24" screen at 1920x1080p, refresh rate of 60.

EDIT: Any good suggestions for a card to go with all of my specs that is under $175?

6. Evil_Intentions

Evil_Intentions

Well there's why my friend. Trying to run 1080 with that card is a no go. As for cheap, good cards, I should be getting my Gigabyte Hd4850 in tomorrow, I hear may good things about them. Depending on where you look, I got mine for 70 dollars. Absolutely best bang for the buck.

7. LagunaGTO

8. Tanis

Tanis

First Name:
    Shane
    I would also agree that your biggest problem is the integrated card, they almost always perform below their standalone counterparts and are often 'cut down' versions of the chip.

9. bigk

bigk

You got some nice specs there, but your BIGGEST bottleneck is your integrated graphics on your mother board.

Get a dedicated Graphics card.

Make sure you get some thing in your price range that is going to last ya a while.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!