Solved: "Constant Loading" of Facebook Web-page...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

zen-poppi

Hello:

I'm using Firefox (with the "FasterFox Lite 3.9.9" add-on), and I am "concerned", with looking-up to see the nearly-constant little green circle rolling-around on the web-page tab, indicating that Facebook is "loading" (which occurs to me as "draining resources").

Is there anything I might try to do, to (possibly) stop this from happening, please?

Thanks in advance,
zp . . . :)

zen-poppi

Hello:

I'm using Firefox (with the "FasterFox Lite 3.9.9" add-on), and I am "concerned", with looking-up to see the nearly-constant little green circle rolling-around on the web-page tab, indicating that Facebook is "loading" (which occurs to me as "draining resources").

Is there anything I might try to do, to (possibly) stop this from happening, please?

Thanks in advance,
zp . . . :)

Are you using Facebook as your homepage?

Is it the main login page or your personal page?

It could be a bad script that is causing this. Not much you can do about it until the affected ad is replaced with something new.

Otherwise Facebook can be a resource hog due to all the images and script (ads, animations, etc.)

zen-poppi

Are you using Facebook as your homepage?

Is it the main login page or your personal page?

It could be a bad script that is causing this. Not much you can do about it until the affected ad is replaced with something new.

Otherwise Facebook can be a resource hog due to all the images and script (ads, animations, etc.)
Thanks for the reply.

I am not using Facebook as a home page.

It is my personal, Facebook page that I'm referring to.

I have been getting some script errors, occasionally...seems always to be when the machine comes out of Sleep/Hibernate mode(s).

I do understand Facebook being a resource hog (SOO many people on there and SOO much (reloading/refreshing - in addition to that which you mentioned).

I didn't realize ads might be a reason for script errors, and I have been using Adblock Plus (2.2.3) and also Adblock Plus Popup Add-on (0.7) - and wondering now if there is any connection between these and my issues...

I am also so IN-famous for having far too many tabs open at one time!

I think I will disable them, one-at-a-time, and see how it goes, unless you would suggest something else, otherwise?

Thanks again and in advance . . .

zen-poppi

Thanks for the reply.

I am not using Facebook as a home page.

It is my personal, Facebook page that I'm referring to.

I have been getting some script errors, occasionally...seems always to be when the machine comes out of Sleep/Hibernate mode(s).

I do understand Facebook being a resource hog (SOO many people on there and SOO much (reloading/refreshing - in addition to that which you mentioned).

I didn't realize ads might be a reason for script errors, and I have been using Adblock Plus (2.2.3) and also Adblock Plus Popup Add-on (0.7) - and wondering now if there is any connection between these and my issues...

I am also so IN-famous for having far too many tabs open at one time!

I think I will disable them, one-at-a-time, and see how it goes, unless you would suggest something else, otherwise?

Thanks again and in advance . . .

If you haven't already, I would test Facebook with other browsers first, including Firefox (without the faster fox add-on). If the same issue keeps happening it is Facebook's script (not just ads but possibly a change to their stylesheet or CSS).

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online