1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: constant restarts reqired after sleep mode

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DevilJaw, Feb 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. DevilJaw

DevilJaw Thread Starter

Hello this is my first post and I'll try to describe the issue best I can

Specs:
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.3GHz
    Memory: CORSAIR VENGANCE 2X 2gig 1600mhz ddr3 2 X 4gig 1600mhz ddr3 1.50v = 12gig of Ram
    Video Card: Powercolor Radeon HD6950
    Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
    Motherboard: Asus P8P67 R3 Socket 1155 USB 3.0 Bluetooth 8 Channel Audio ATX Motherboard
    Power : Antec TruePower New 650W Modular PSU

The Issue started to happen after adding more Ram (extra 8 gig of ram on top of 4) and Replacing Fried GPU (ASUS HD 6850 )
    all at the same Time)

so what happens? when I turn on the PC it switches off after 3 seconds (blank screen) I repeat the process 1-3 times (for some reason its random. Rarely it switches on straight away)
    like 1 in 10 I'll get message that that over clocking failed on top of that (everything is on stock settings) mostly after sleep mode

after all of that to proceeds to boot and everything works fine. it does not stop me in normally using the machine but its definitely annoying and I would like to fix it since I'm not planing on reinstalling system from scratch anytime soon

2. sonexpc

sonexpc

Is the voltage for the two set of the RAM is the same both in 1.5V or the 2x2GB is in 1.65V ( some type 1600 is set to 1.65V) for your case I will suggest Just keep teh 2x4GB in there and do more testing first.

3. DevilJaw

DevilJaw Thread Starter

here are links to both ram types I've got installed both are V1.50
    http://www.ebuyer.com/262587-corsair-vengeance-4gb-2x2gb-ddr3-1600mhz-memory-kit-cl9-cmz4gx3m2a1600c9#
    http://www.ebuyer.com/248846-corsair-vengeance-8gb-2x4gb-ddr3-1600mhz-cl9-1-5v-non-ecc-unbuffered-cmz8gx3m2a1600c9

I've runned the machine with 2x2gb the problem still exist after turning it on I've received the over clocking failed along with the same set of problems

judging by this I guess the problem is caused by the graphic card then

4. sonexpc

sonexpc

On the BIOS setting do you use X.M.P for the memory..
    Also what is the BIOS version you got...?

They have a Lastest Version 2103
    http://ca.asus.com/en/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1155/P8P67/#download

Which they say is
    "1. Improve memory compatibility
    2. Improve system stability"

You may want to try..

This looks like the MB try to run the memroy in 1600 but it can't ... or not stable.

Besides Do you overclock you CPU..

5. DevilJaw

DevilJaw Thread Starter

Bios updated - no changes

no over clocking , all parts are on stock settings

X.M.P for the memory -all BIOS settings are set to default ,all I could find for the Ram settings was the speed witch is set to 1600mhz

6. sonexpc

sonexpc

OK Try remove X.M.P for the memory and force to select to DDR3 1333 and see what happen... .. By the way do you know what cause the Last Video Card burn out?

7. DevilJaw

DevilJaw Thread Starter

I've changed settings from manual to X.M.P in Ai tweaker and everything works fine now and machine returns from sleep mode with the speed of light now

your last post gave me idea where too look so that helped me alot thank you :)

Also I've got no idea what caused the graphic card burn it just happend while watching video on youtube

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1039829

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice